Post-interview correspondence thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard anything from UAB?

I received a response to my thank you note from the PD after my interview. I also received a somewhat vague/generic letter from the program today via snail mail. Anyone else get this letter?

I received a response to my thank you note from the PD after my interview. I also received a somewhat vague/generic letter from the program today via snail mail. Anyone else get this letter?

Not yet, but I believe you are a UAB student so it may take another day or two to get to me. I'm hoping that's the case anyway. UAB is my #2 and would be ecstatic to match there.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a letter in the mail from the PD saying they are "highly" interested in me joining their program

Same letter here. I do live in Birmingham though, so if this was a letter they sent everyone, I certainly would be one of the first to receive it.

After rank lists are submitted. Is it ok/acceptable to ask a program how does it look for me to be working there in July. Would this be a match violation? Rank lists are submitted so it affects nothing on the applicant or the programs end

Just curious has anyone heard back PD's at Stamford (CT), Winthrop (NY), or Vidant (NC)?

When did you get this and what part of the country are you?

Kansas, found it today. I don't check my mail everyday though.

Just out of curiosity what's your number? you keep asking about your number two...

Last edited:
Kansas, found it today. I don't check my mail everyday though.

Just out of curiosity what's your number? you keep asking about your number two...

Baylor is my number 1 for family reasons and their track record of in house cards matches made the difference. There are really 1a and 1b.

I told Brigham they are #1 and they said "we would be delighted if the match process brought you to us." Anyone else get that e-mail? I imagine it's their generic response, and I am completely in the dark about what will happen.

It reminds me of what my #1 told me: "I think you'll have a good match day" and my #2 said: "we would be fortunate to be involved in ur training" or something along those lines. I got the feeling they were both saying: "your ranked highly enough that u might be on our match list but not high enough that we can give u any reassurances". Sooo sounds positive but not as positive as you'd like to hear from ur #1

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anybody received a "you will be ranked to match" email (regardless of whether or not they're your #1). I'm seeing a lot of non-committal responses but nothing definite.

I haven't read this entire thread, but has anybody received a "you will be ranked to match" email (regardless of whether or not they're your #1). I'm seeing a lot of non-committal responses but nothing definite.

yes, I got a call from a PD, but that was a week ago

Nothing from Michigan, WashU, UChicago, Vanderbilt, Yale, Cornell, and Mt. Sinai besides replies to thank you emails back then. It's weird not hearing anything at all. Then again, they have no idea how I've ranked them either.

I told them they were my number 1 and I got 'we will be pleased if you match with us'. Is that code for not too great a chance?!

Note for a couple of weeks, and I'm not expecting to hear anything from anyone until match day. Good luck. Go fix yourself a cocktail.

I got a generic handwritten thank you note from the pd after my interview and just replies to my thank yous

Last year Brigham actively recruited my friend by phone, and he's an intern there now. He was an all star though, AOA pres, class president...