Post-interview hold at Buffalo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Supercluster

Ready for liftoff
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter informing me that I'm on hold post-interview from SUNY Buffalo, and could get accepted at any time, but probably not until March. I noticed a few people indicated that they were waitlisted at Buffalo, so I was wondering, is this the same thing? Or am I going to either be accepted or waitlisted and I just have to wait to hear later?

Thanks for the help...I really liked UB so this was kind of a downer, but I know it isn't awful news :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

when did you interview?

Supercluster said:
I got a letter informing me that I'm on hold post-interview from SUNY Buffalo, and could get accepted at any time, but probably not until March. I noticed a few people indicated that they were waitlisted at Buffalo, so I was wondering, is this the same thing? Or am I going to either be accepted or waitlisted and I just have to wait to hear later?

Thanks for the help...I really liked UB so this was kind of a downer, but I know it isn't awful news :rolleyes:

It means you are on the waitlist.....im actually in the same boat as you....you should try calling them and ask where you are at on the waitlist....i did this and they told me that im in the middle 1/3, but that my status could change at any time depending on the competition of the other applicants that are still applying...hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in August (the first interview session they had, actually), so I hoped that was a good sign.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

does anyone know if someone that was accepted by Buffalo by this time? Seems like most people have been wait listed. :cool:

Yes, I work with someone who was just accepted at Buffalo this week.

Got the waitlist letter last week. I?m hoping it turns into an acceptance down the line because the SUNY tuition and lecture from 8AM-12PM sounded great. I?ll keep my fingers crossed until then. Good luck all.

Don't worry about the waitlist right now. Your position will probably go up and down until March, so calling will only get you very annoyed down the road if you get bumped to a lower position. I got in off the waitlist last year, and most people do.

Getting out at noon Tuesday - Friday is AWESOME and I don't know how anybody gets anything done if they have to stay in class until 4:00. Think about that when you start getting acceptances to other schools.

8 people per cadaver is a lot, but that alone is not worth going to another school.

I have no complaints about Buffalo! The classes are great, the clinical experiences help to keep us all motivated when we start to get overwhelmed with science material, and the faculty really care about us... I was really sick a couple weeks ago and one of my profs gave me his home phone number in case I needed anything!

BUFFALO IS THE BEST!!

hmno82 said:
Don't worry about the waitlist right now. Your position will probably go up and down until March, so calling will only get you very annoyed down the road if you get bumped to a lower position. I got in off the waitlist last year, and most people do.

Getting out at noon Tuesday - Friday is AWESOME and I don't know how anybody gets anything done if they have to stay in class until 4:00. Think about that when you start getting acceptances to other schools.

8 people per cadaver is a lot, but that alone is not worth going to another school.

I have no complaints about Buffalo! The classes are great, the clinical experiences help to keep us all motivated when we start to get overwhelmed with science material, and the faculty really care about us... I was really sick a couple weeks ago and one of my profs gave me his home phone number in case I needed anything!

BUFFALO IS THE BEST!!

hey, thanks a lot for your reply! I'm so glad that you're having a good time there. I really liked Buffalo and hope that they reconsider me in a few months! :)

At least you guys got interviews...I'm on 'hold' at SUNY Buffalo without having been invited for an interview as of yet. I'm not sure what it means, but apparently they will continue to consider my application as new applications come in. I'm sure being on hold post-interview is better than being on hold pre-interview!

Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, for those of u who got interviews to Buffalo, what are your stats- I just want to see my chances