Lost in Translation

単純な馬鹿でありたい。
2+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2015
最上川
Status
Medical Student
So like many of you, I'm currently in that purgatory between an early interview and the official AAMC decision date. I've been checking the status of my application online, and they haven't marked me as rejected.

Are schools allowed to send rejections earlier than the AAMC date if an applicant has been interviewed?

breezy16

7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2012
Status
Medical Student
So like many of you, I'm currently in that purgatory between an early interview and the official AAMC decision date. I've been checking the status of my application online, and they haven't marked me as rejected.

Are schools allowed to send rejections earlier than the AAMC date if an applicant has been interviewed?
Based on my current experiences, the schools have told us they'll send out rejections, wait lists, and acceptances on Oct. 15 (all at once). I am not an early decision applicant.
These schools are all MD; I cannot attest to DO or Caribbean.
Pre-interview rejections do come before 10/15

Last edited:

hopeS.O.

2+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Is this for all schools that use AMCAS if you've interviewed? Sorry, would you mind elaborating?

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
EDP acceptance should be by Oct 1st; rejections are permitted earlier.

https://www.aamc.org/download/364264/data/2014trafficrules.pdf

2a. By October 1, notify Early Decision applicants and the American Medical College
Application Service (AMCAS) of the admission actions.

3. Each school notify all Regular M.D. program applicants of acceptance to medical
school only on or after October 15* of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to
communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants
prior to October 15.

Reactions: hopeS.O. and gyngyn