Post interview, pre AAMC-agreed decision date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lost in Translation

単純な馬鹿でありたい。
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So like many of you, I'm currently in that purgatory between an early interview and the official AAMC decision date. I've been checking the status of my application online, and they haven't marked me as rejected.

Are schools allowed to send rejections earlier than the AAMC date if an applicant has been interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

So like many of you, I'm currently in that purgatory between an early interview and the official AAMC decision date. I've been checking the status of my application online, and they haven't marked me as rejected.

Are schools allowed to send rejections earlier than the AAMC date if an applicant has been interviewed?

Based on my current experiences, the schools have told us they'll send out rejections, wait lists, and acceptances on Oct. 15 (all at once). I am not an early decision applicant.
These schools are all MD; I cannot attest to DO or Caribbean.
Pre-interview rejections do come before 10/15

Last edited:
Is this for all schools that use AMCAS if you've interviewed? Sorry, would you mind elaborating?

Is this for all schools that use AMCAS if you've interviewed? Sorry, would you mind elaborating?
Yes, all AMCAS. See gonnif's above post for how AMCAS words it.

Reactions: 1 user