Post-interview pre-match for California programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moon

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all, i would like to thank all of you for posting your input and reading the thread i started earlier (interview invitation from California program). Just for your statistic, it's been the most visited thread (>7000 hits :).
Now we are sitting back, going over the prgrams, ranking and changing the ranks... getting a little butterfly in stomach about the result of the match. No joke, it's probably one of the biggest decision we are making right now. Not only will we be living with the result of our decision in the next 3 yrs, but may be to the rest of our career.
I would say that it's been fun to go to the places for interviews. For me, i got to now the programs a little better. But more or less, i tried to get a feeling whether i'll be happy at those places. The programs, of course, say good things about themself. Just like we all said good things about ourselves (hardworking, easy to get along, ....). I do believe that we'll be competent physicians 3 yrs from now no matter where you get your training.
I also have learned that going to univesity hospital doesn't neccessary mean the only way to go to fellowship. It's true that it will be helpful, yet you still have to impress the division chair. More importantly, the applicants have to do well during their training, show their interest in the field (research, publications, being proactive in getting connections). Again, the keyword is that you gotta be happy to ensure that you would read up about the cases on your post-call day (figuratively speaking).
A lot of luck to you all and i wish you all end up matching to your fist choice.
As for me, ranking: bay area programs highly
interest: nephro (just finished my 3rd nephro rotation)

Members don't see this ad.