sadeqq

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2002
toledo, oh
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Hi everyone--

I just have a quick? -- after you go interview at a school, is it expected or recomended that we write a thank you letter or email to the admissions office of that school.

si

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Many will call it a common courtesy, but I for one, am not sending out thank-you letters. It is certainly not mandatory.

I thanked the admissions staff, interviewers, and students while I was there, and I don't feel it necessary to thank them again. After all, I paid lots of money to interview at their schools, and in quite a logical sense, they should be thanking me (since I'll also be paying tons of $$ to attend one of their schools).

But alas, if you choose to do so, then go for it! I can't see a thank-you letter actually bolstering your application, but it certainly can't hurt either. In either case, the thank-you should be addressed, or sent, to the person(s) whom interviewed you.

crimson

What up Smokey!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
It is more than common courtesy. First, a thank-you note is way of showing professional respect when someone has spent their professional time with you. Second, I have friends who do admissions work as volunteers (incl intw) out of sheer enthusiasm for their school and certainly they would highly appreciate a thank-you note. And finally, remember that good karma is always helpful in the long run:)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads