Post-interview thankyou email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buccal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to actually send them a handwritten card or just email?
What did you guys do?

Members don't see this ad.

What did you guys do?

a couple of handwritten cards most of the time.

I remember I sent a Mickey-mouse card to NOVA(FL)

However, I sent thank you e-mail in reply to thank you interview e-mail that was sent from a school immediately after my interview at the school.

To other staffs of that school, I sent handwritten cards, though.

:laugh: One school sends thank-you interview e-mail after interview.

It depends on situations!

What did you guys do?
I sent typewritten letters or handwritten cards via snailmail. I think it adds more of a positive personal touch than email. It is easier to ignore an email in an already cluttered in-box than it is to ignore a physical piece of mail in one's mailbox or on one's desk.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school. NYU only gives out the e-mails of the interviewers, so I sent them an e-mail. Michigan has 10 interviewers so I didn't send anything. Other schools, I might send an e-mail or a thank you card, depending on what they give you.

I think it's good either way. They will read all e-mails and letters, they aren't going to ignore your e-mail, they will get it. It's a nice gesture.

email is the way to go

i'm going the handwritten card personal touch route

im an email only guy ...

E-mail, i never use snail mail.

i send a printed letter via snail mail.. and i try to be as personal as possible. i usually send them around a week or so after the interview though... getting kinda lazy :/