Post Labor Day volumes

Started by Zarniwoop
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Zarniwoop

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Usually there is a volume drop right around Labor Day, but then typically work gets crazy immediately after, right to Christmas-time. This year the volume hasn't picked up. Am I an outlier, or are other people seeing this? Thank you!
 
I think there is a pandemic going on or something...

I don't anticipate volumes going back to normal levels for long time.

It is hell getting some supplies anyways. Seems like every week there is a new item I have to ration. This week I was told they can't get my coveralls that I wear to surgery.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am told our big academic hospital has leveled off at about 90% normal. Which is actually a pretty big problem.
 
My hospital numbers haven't dropped at all... but then again I am at a location where there was only 1 covid death since March in the whole county...
 
It’s an uneven recovery for us. Outreach has returned to normal, but hospital volume is about 70% of what it was.
 
yah and imagine this -10-20% volume drop is paired with a -11% reimbursement drop??


Like what will happen...in a few months....