Himanshusingh

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 30, 2003
Visit site
Status
Have most of you at least received some sort of "WELCOME"message from the anesthesia program you matched at?? I'm still waiting.....

BassDominator

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
Status
I got a phone call from the chairman at Penn. I think it's really unprofessional if they don't at least call on match day.

Skrubz

Not your scut monkey
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 9, 2003
Palo Alto, CA
Visit site
Status
the residency coordinator called me thursday evening to say "congratulations" and let me know to expect a package friday. turns out they overnight fed ex'ed a polo with "stanford anesthesia" on it.

got an email on friday from a UIC alumna at my prelim saying "welcome" but no official contact yet.

nchhabra

Fellow
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Originally posted by Himanshusingh
Have most of you at least received some sort of "WELCOME"message from the anesthesia program you matched at?? I'm still waiting.....
I am waiting with you. I haven't received anything or heard from the place I matched for anesthesia, however I received an email from the prelim medicine program, which is at the same school.

ryanbeckworth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 10, 2001
Visit site
Status
Haven't heard a peep from my prelim or res. Called the prelim, though, for info on housing, and they told me they had a welcome package coming at the end of the week.

Weird to not have heard at least via e-mail after a week, though, from the res.

joshmir

15+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2003
the B'Nai Geserat rathskeller
www.flavorpill.com
Status
Attending Physician
I got a contract in the mail yesterday for my gas program. I wasn't anticipating having to sign it until my intern year. It worries me b/c i'm starting to have cold feet about it.

I have yet to receive from TY.