Post-match spots are posted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drgirl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone's interested, they've posted the post match vacancies on www.sfmatch.org Go to the immediate vacancies page.

Members don't see this ad.

U Chicago post seems odd/screwy. looks like they just posted their pre-match info..

scm said:
U Chicago post seems odd/screwy. looks like they just posted their pre-match info..

Actually, they had 5 spots originally.

Do they really have 4 open spots?! that means they only matched 1 person! :confused: :confused: I thought I read that wrong and had to re-read.

Members don't see this ad :)
ptolemy said:
Actually, they had 5 spots originally.

Do they really have 4 open spots?! that means they only matched 1 person! :confused: :confused: I thought I read that wrong and had to re-read.

*L* Maybe they got cocky and only listed 5 people on their list. :D

God, can that be right about U Chicago?? They must be cacking themselves!

Also, Ohio State takes 3 per year and they have.....3 spots open. Ooops! Can't say I'm shocked--I interviewed there (my wife's from there, family still there) and was really underwhelmed. Ranked them last. Good for some funny moments though...we went out for a nice dinner with a couple of the residents, and the OSU credit card was declined!!!! LOL!!! Then the residents started arguing amongst themselves over who was going to pick up the tab! Had to split the bill a couple of ways between themselves in the end. Also, a former resident called the PC in tears while I was waiting to start one of my interivews--she was working in the lab of the former chair, whom everyone seems to hate with a passion. She proceeded to rip into him without mercy in front of me even though he's still affiliated with the Dept. Also, myself and the other interviewee waited after lunch for the new Chair for an hour-and-a-half...he was holed up in his office doing god knows what. :sleep: The other interviewee and I gave our best to the delightful program coordinator and just left after a while!

How's the saying go? You reap what you sow? Something like that.

screw u of c.. thanks for pimping me as well as everyone else on corticobasalganglia degeneration on our interview.. :cool:

wow, how embarrassing for university of chicago. also, i thought ut-southwestern had a decent program as well, i wonder what happened there... all in all though, not too many open spots. we did good this year.

I wonder if UChicago will ask SF Match if they used the Urology Match Algorithm to start a whole "irregularities" investigation...

I am not in the least bit surprised that U of Chicago didn't match very well this year; its well deserved because of their incredibly rude interviewers and pimping sessions w/ applicants (or so I heard from others on the interview trail)...

Additionally, when I phoned to check the status of my application w/ them, the secretary told me "we've already interviewed you"... (the great minds at the university of chicago apparently couldn't entertain the concept that it's possible that more than 2 people can have the same first and last name)... way to go U of Chicago...

vish~

crackerjack said:
wow, how embarrassing for university of chicago. also, i thought ut-southwestern had a decent program as well, i wonder what happened there... all in all though, not too many open spots. we did good this year.

looks like the 2 southwestern positions have already been filled

if anyone out there matched at dalls, please private message me. thanks.