Post med mentors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

the other

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just graduated from med school (intl) and have never had a mentor.
dumb, i know...now.
i have made SO many mistakes simply cause I didn't know any better and was depending solely on me, myself n I.

Looking to avoid going down a similar rocky road and get a better idea of what my unknown unknowns are.

Anyone have any ideas how to go about doing this ? Most programs are targeting students wayyyyyy earlier in their medicine journey (hs, college, pre med, etc); I get that at this stage (Match prepping) maybe i'm suppose to have all my ducks in a row but what about those folks who don't and could seriously use the help of a mentor? Any ideas of how to go about this?

I've been cold calling (well in this day n age, cold emailing) and getting no responses....