Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

post sec experiences--do you use complete sentences?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by chocolatecake1, Jun 26, 2001.

1. chocolatecake1

chocolatecake1 New Member

I was hoping someone could help me on how you can explain the experiences... initially, I didn't have them in complete sentences... but I found it extremely difficult to write the activities w/out putting "I" and other words that will form complete sentences.

Any suggestions?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. rxfudd

rxfudd 1K Member

Attending Physician
    They give you enough room for a brief paragraph, so I would recommend writing a mini-essay. Failing to use complete sentences seems to me like a waste of the space they are providing you with.

4. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I agree, this is your time to write creatively about all your experience. Sell yourself, but don't go overboard.

Andrew

5. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

i wrote in complete sentences (using 'I'). as someone else mentioned, i took advantage of every little bit of space i had to sell myself, so for each activity i detailed my exact duties in each activity, bragged a little where it was appropriate, etc, etc.