post-second experiences?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eunice

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi..
what is considered a significant enough experience to list under the post-secondary experience?
i know they say you don't have to fill 15...
but right now i have 13 and i am thinking of maybe taking out the columbia science honors program... it's this thing for HS kids.. I actually did it my senior year in HS, so it's not that far removed, but it's still a HS experience..
and I've had research experience in HS too.
I should list those right?

any feedback would be nice!
thanks a lot!!

eunice

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that "post-secondary experience" refers only to things you have done in college. I know it sucks; I have a few things from high school I would like to include as well. I am obviously not the expert on this, so if anyone else has better knowledge of this please respond. Is it ever ok to list something from high school?

As far as I know, you are only supposed to list "post secondary" experiences, which means anything completed after high school...I suppose the summer after high school would be ok, but anything before that should be discussed in the personal statement if you really want to mention it. For me, I did science fair for 3 years in high school, so I mentioned that in one of my secondary application's essays because it was what caused me to go "premed." :wink:

post-secondary is pretty explicit - i've been told to definately not include anything from highschool - even international science fairs and westinghouse stuff
-jot