Post-Secondary Experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AF1892

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a quick question maybe you guys could help me out with:

On the Post-Secondary Experiences, on the from "____" to "____", what about if you're CURRENTLY doing it? What date do you put in?

Members don't see this ad.

I would put 7/2001 or the next month from the date you're submitting your app. That's what I'm doing anyway, and I hope the AMCAS people would figure out that it's still ongoing.

I have a couple of questions too:

1. When entering awards, you're only allowed to put in one date. However, when I print out my app, the "from" appears after the date, as if I'd forgotten to enter something. Anyone else getting the same thing? Is it a problem?

2. How the heck do I enter my AP credit from high school when the only schools you're allowed to enter coursework for are the college ones?

3. I'm going to take a required pre-med class in a university other than the one I graduated from next fall quarter. How do I handle the transcript request form?

Thanks!

I asked AMCAS and they said, "use your best estimate."

That said, I'm doing what isa is doing with dates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the same thing as the above posts mention, but I also stated in the description that I am currently involved/employeed/doing, etc.

If I know exactly when the activity is going to end, I put that date in. For example, I am an active member of my sorority for four years, so I put May 2002 for the end date because thats when I am considered alum. Other activities that I know when the end, such as my summer job (May 2001 to Aug 2001), I also put the appropriate dates on those. I figured that people will be looking at my application for several months, and I dont want to keep sending updates and changes.

Originally posted by isa:

2. How the heck do I enter my AP credit from high school when the only schools you're allowed to enter coursework for are the college ones?

3. I'm going to take a required pre-med class in a university other than the one I graduated from next fall quarter. How do I handle the transcript request form?

Thanks!•

2. If it shows up on your transcript from college, list the course & credits that your college gave you, and there should be a reason code, like credit granted by examination or something like that, check out the help section.

3. You can contact the other school directly & have it sent to the same address as is listed with the AMCAS transcript request. If the transcript request form is required, call the registrar's oiffice & see if you can fax it. Most colleges are pretty familiar with sending to AMCAS. Many schools have a web based form that you can fill out to send the transcript to AMCAS. You should be able to list several schools on the AMCAS part.

good luck!