Post the lowest salaries in job postings you can find.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Read on reddit that a region at Walgreens new grads are grad intern pay until December when Walgreens can them offer pharmacist contracts
$15 intern pay into $20 grad intern pay (20 hrs/week) into $45 RPh pay (0-4 hrs/week). Behold!

Members don't see this ad.

$57/hr salaried but its a hybrid between 2nd and third at a hospital in a mid sized city in VA. When I cover third i get the next week off. No residency

$57/hr salaried but its a hybrid between 2nd and third at a hospital in a mid sized city in VA. When I cover third i get the next week off. No residency

Who does third shift the rest of the week?

Members don't see this ad :)

I hope that doesn't include shift differential. What a weird shift.

Reactions: 1 user
Received a offer for $25/h w/o benefits for med infor positive

For now, I'm actually going with one of the companies that provides a free paid bootcamp in exchange for a commitment to work for the company for a pre-determined duration of time (usually 1-2 yrs). I figured this option made the most sense considering that I'll essentially be getting paid to learn CS. Also, at my age (early 30s), I really don't like the idea of having a 2-yr employment gap on my resume.

By taking the paid bootcamp/OJT route, I'm saving time AND being presented with the opportunity to move to a much nicer area than I've ever lived in before. My city is regularly ranked as one of the least desirable medium-sized cities to live in by multiple publications and websites, and I harbor the same sentiment, which is why I've mentioned several times on the forums that I want to move to a nicer area sooner than later.

Even if I had gotten the pharmacy license, my chances of finding a pharmacist job in a nicer city would've been slim-to-none; moreover, what's even sadder is the fact that not even residency-trained pharmacists are able to get hospital staffing jobs in my city. What does it say about the state of pharmacy when residency-trained pharmacists can't even get entry-level staffing jobs in one of the most undesirable cities in the country?

BTW, the $40/hr to work for an LTC company is legit; I know the person who received the job offer and have seen their offer letter. Supposedly that's "pretty standard" for an LTC pharmacist starting salary.

SUPER congrats on a great sounding offer. Sometimes we just need to take the loss and move on.

KEEP US UPDATED!!

It is weird but it does have its benefits. I will say that second shift is by far the worst shift (I've worked all 3). Still just as busy as first but with no resources. All the doc's that put in jacked up orders earlier are gone, phone rings off the hook until almost midnight. But I always piggyback my vacation hours to my 7 off after working third shift so I get, at a minimum, 5 two week vacations a year.

If you work retail you probably make more....I have never worked retail and have no desire to do so...no matter the pay

It is weird but it does have its benefits. I will say that second shift is by far the worst shift (I've worked all 3). Still just as busy as first but with no resources. All the doc's that put in jacked up orders earlier are gone, phone rings off the hook until almost midnight. But I always piggyback my vacation hours to my 7 off after working third shift so I get, at a minimum, 5 two week vacations a year.

I mainly work the 2nd shift and I agree with your assessment that 2nd shift being the busiest (I've also worked all 3 before). Fortunately I get the 7 on 7 off with 2nd shift.

Read on reddit that a region at Walgreens new grads are grad intern pay until December when Walgreens can them offer pharmacist contracts

Every single one of them should start applying elsewhere in the mean time.

i have a crappy shift/shifts...but I feel for the new grads

Members don't see this ad :)
I mainly work the 2nd shift and I agree with your assessment that 2nd shift being the busiest (I've also worked all 3 before). Fortunately I get the 7 on 7 off with 2nd shift.
but you also get docked 80 hours for a week off...thats the difference

but you also get docked 80 hours for a week off...thats the difference

Technically, I work 30 hours the one pay period, then 40 hours the next pay period. I then get paid 10 hours to equal pay for 80 hours.

Not sure what you mean by getting docked 80 hours. Do you mean PTO?

The problem with the prepharms is they're a generation of snowflakes. Each one has been told they are special and were schooled to believe that- as individuals- they''ll always be the exception to any given the rule. Riddle me this- if everyone is special, does the term "special" mean anything? None of what we're saying applies to them as a collective in their own minds... It's maddening, and it keeps feeding the beast with warm bodies that encourage the **** schools and evil chains to continue their nonsense, so the profession is allowed to continue to spiral downwards...

Every year you see them share their "Call me Doctor social media post" in their white coats, then see them on this forum in a couple months desperately asking wheres the best place to move to find a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was asking how your schedule rotates between 2nd and 3rd shift.
[/QUOTEWhen I go from 2nd to 3rd Im off the weekend following 5 days of 2nd...then I go in Monday at 2130...and work the next 7...then off 7

• Hmm
WTF!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029-175237.png
    Screenshot_20201029-175237.png
    172 KB · Views: 175
@ 24/hr

I'm sure you could make more as a tech at Kaiser... if you actually get a position LOL

Even a waiter making $3/hr without tips makes $6,240/year LoL.

LoL that's with 40 hours per week though.

Why bother hiring a pharmacist for two hours a week? They should just give the existing staff an extra 2 hours.

F this. Just go work as a tech.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-013826.png
    Screenshot_20201206-013826.png
    114.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Wow
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
F this. Just go work as a tech.
this must be for technician. if you read the qualifications and responsibilities, it doesn't list any Rph duties. Some recruiting agencies make blunder like this all the time.

Lowest I've seen personally

Attachments

• low offer.JPG
    low offer.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 138
At this rate, I would just save up and invest in a franchise or something lol

1627065966576.png

Indeed marked it as a responsive employer. That means they respond and this ain't a fake listing.

Can confirm that is the actual salary. They called me about this job literally an hour ago. I LOL’ed hard on the phone.
Should have interviewed just of ****s and giggles.

Should have interviewed just of ****s and giggles.

Its just product verification for a manufacturing company. Literally making sure the label/patient matches the NDC dispensed. None of the usual metrics. You can train a monkey to do that. They lure you in with the promise of growth within the company.

Not sure if it materializes or not but I can say this: I saw this job get posted in January, April and now. Take that for what you will.

Staff Pharmacist- job post​

Commonshare Nonprofit Pharmacy
Richmond, VA 23230

Job details​

Salary
$35 - $40 an hour
Job Type
Part-time
Number of hires for this role

From a reliable source - Marijuana retail dispensary in NE US part time pay pharmacist very low 30's per hour , no benefits. Somehow thought those placs would pay decently. Guess not.
>thinking organization's that are literally run by druggies would pay well

-____-

Reactions: 1 users