Post undergrad advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

808hawaiiwarriors

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aloha everybody, I’m graduating this December (Fall 2014) and I need some advice on what to do to boost my resume. I’m planning on taking a year off before applying and I’m not sure whether I should spend that time retaking classes or preparing for the GREs/gaining more hours instead. Listed below are my stats along with my grades on some of the important pre-requisite courses. As you can tell, I have a lot of C’s and retaking all of those classes is going to be really expensive. Some helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Biology
BIOL 1: B, Lab: A
BIOL 2 and Lab: in progress

Chemistry
CHEM 1: C+, Lab: A
CHEM 2: C, Lab: A

Human Anatomy and Physiology

PHYL 1: B, Lab: A-
PHYL 2: B, Lab: A+
PHYL 1 (upper division): C+, Lab: A
PHYL 2 (upper division): C+, Lab: A
(upper division classes are both 4 credits each instead of 3, 5 if you include the labs)

Physics
PHYS 1:
C+, Lab: A
PHYS 2: B, Lab: A

Psychology
General:
A
Developmental: in progress
Abnormal: A-

Statistics
Educational Psychology:
A

University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Major: Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Sciences
Overall GPA: currently a 3.48
Pre-Req GPA: currently a 2.9-3.2 depending on the school
GRE: haven’t taken it yet

Extra Curricular: digital media intern, currently working as a student assistant on campus, I'm also planning on helping out with my professors biomechanics research

Observation Hours: ~420 (private outpatient - ortho), ~60 (inpatient rehab hospital - stroke, traumatic brain injury, amputee, spinal cord, ortho)

Applying: Mount Saint Mary’s, Western University of Health Sciences, Samuel Merritt, Azusa, Loma Linda, University of St. Augustine (California campus), Touro University (Nevada), AT Still, Touro College (New York), and New York Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Looks good to me, just apply early! But with your pre-req GPA, you may have to apply to more schools. get a good GRE score. BTW, I passed the boards 3 weeks ago and I had lower stats than you.

Reactions: 1 users