1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Postbac loan advice (urgent)

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by blee, May 6, 2004.

1. blee

blee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm attempting to enter Georgetown's postbac pre-med program, but my entrance is contingent on my performance this summer. I'm trying to get a loan for that period, but because I am technically not going to be a degree or certificate candidate over the summer, I don't qualify for traditional educational loans. :(

Aside from credit cards and other forms of truly private personal loans, are there ANY sources of educational loans for people in my situation? I'm in a little bit of a bind here, as communication with the fin aid department is spotty at best and tuition is due in three weeks...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Have you talked to your school's financial aid office? I'm sure they have more knowledge of this than anyone on this board.

I did a semester of post-Bac studies, but my scholarship was extended for it.

4. blee

blee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Trying to actually talk to someone live has been an exercise in frustration and annoyance. I'm guessing that they're knee-deep in undergrad financial aid matters. I left a message with my counselor two days ago and continue to try to actually get her on the phone, with no luck so far.

I may be able to just suck it up and pay the tuition myself for the summer. That may actually be preferable to having any sort of non-federal loan, really.