Postbac loan advice (urgent)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blee

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm attempting to enter Georgetown's postbac pre-med program, but my entrance is contingent on my performance this summer. I'm trying to get a loan for that period, but because I am technically not going to be a degree or certificate candidate over the summer, I don't qualify for traditional educational loans. :(

Aside from credit cards and other forms of truly private personal loans, are there ANY sources of educational loans for people in my situation? I'm in a little bit of a bind here, as communication with the fin aid department is spotty at best and tuition is due in three weeks...

Members don't see this ad.

Trying to actually talk to someone live has been an exercise in frustration and annoyance. I'm guessing that they're knee-deep in undergrad financial aid matters. I left a message with my counselor two days ago and continue to try to actually get her on the phone, with no luck so far.

I may be able to just suck it up and pay the tuition myself for the summer. That may actually be preferable to having any sort of non-federal loan, really.