1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Postbac loan advice (urgent)

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by blee, May 6, 2004.

1. blee

blee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm attempting to enter Georgetown's postbac pre-med program, but my entrance is contingent on my performance this summer. I'm trying to get a loan for that period, but because I am technically not going to be a degree or certificate candidate over the summer, I don't qualify for traditional educational loans. :(

Aside from credit cards and other forms of truly private personal loans, are there ANY sources of educational loans for people in my situation? I'm in a little bit of a bind here, as communication with the fin aid department is spotty at best and tuition is due in three weeks...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Have you talked to your school's financial aid office? I'm sure they have more knowledge of this than anyone on this board.

I did a semester of post-Bac studies, but my scholarship was extended for it.

4. blee

blee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Trying to actually talk to someone live has been an exercise in frustration and annoyance. I'm guessing that they're knee-deep in undergrad financial aid matters. I left a message with my counselor two days ago and continue to try to actually get her on the phone, with no luck so far.

I may be able to just suck it up and pay the tuition myself for the summer. That may actually be preferable to having any sort of non-federal loan, really.