Postbac program or undergaduate course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AveragePerson.Psych

Reaction score
So I will be graduating with my MS in clinical psychology in the summer and I have been told often that med schools won't care about my psychology MS. I don't have as many science courses as medical schools usually prefer from my undergrad (but I do have some; I need both Ochem I and II, plus physics, but I have stats) so I had applied for a second BS in biological sciences to get some more medical school prerequisites and I was accepted into the second BS program (I will see if the program will let me switch to non degree seeking because it may look better instead of applying for a second BS and not completing it).

Is it better for me to do the undergrad courses or a postbac? I did look up the programs that have post back in my area and they are a tad expensive, but if it gets me to my dream them I will do it. Furthermore, I question if I am too late to join.

Also, do med schools care about honor societies? I got in to the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, but I'm unsure if they will care because once again my MS degree is in psychology.

Lastly, I'm applying to be an LCDC (licensed chemical dependecy counselor, a substabce use counselor) this summer because I meet the requirements to do so, would that look good on my application or it brings no significance?

Members don't see this ad.

Technically you are doing a postbac with getting your second bachelors, but get the prereqs.

I would encourage you to get the LCDC. Honor societies are everywhere, but we don't see that many certifications.

Reactions: 1 user