Postbac Programs..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alpha2x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was reading around here and decided to post. I was a liberal arts grad at a UC school in CA. Totally enjoyed my clinical experience and now am deciding to do a postbacc. However, I am concerned on how to approach this. I obviously want to do very well in my program. So, my question is, is it a good idea to study G Chem and Bio on your own, kind of like walk in to your local university courses, and just study the class/take notes to get a good feeling of the material? Or, to just simply go to a postbac with no knowledge of the classes and do your best?

I know this is all relative but I want to know specifically: has anyone from a liberal arts background pursued a postbac with no physical science courses and done very well?

Sorry if this sounds confusing or what not, but I really wanted to know if that is a good strategy, since I know nothing chemistry just yet. Any postbac programs you attend and come from a lib. arts background please do share any experiences or words you have for me. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

The only science classes I took in undergrad were rocks for jocks and a BC physics of music class.
Grades so far
Chem 1 with lab - A-
Bio 2 with lab - A
Physics 1 with lab - high A so far
Bio 1 with lab - high A so far

My advice - just show up, take notes, and bust your butt. No need to do outside studying to prepare.