Postbac reapplication advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vext840

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tested the waters with my postbac applications last year and only applied to two programs: Bryn Mawr (waitlisted) and Jefferson (accepted, but I decided not to attend). Does anybody have advice for the reapplication process, either in particular wrt Bryn Mawr or in general wrt applying more broadly this year?

I currently work in the non-profit arts sector and have a liberal arts background with a GPA just shy of 3.8. Let me know if there's any other information that you think would be helpful to add, and I can say more. Thanks in advance for any input.

Members don't see this ad.

I got into Bryn Mawr and know for a fact that people with lower GPAs than a 3.8 got in, to include myself. There's this huge myth that you need to be perfect to get into the program, which isn't true. With hyper competitive programs like Bryn Mawr and Goucher, it really is a numbers game so don't get discouraged. I'd recommend you continue building your application to make yourself a more desirable applicant and then perhaps reapply. Focus on clinical and non-clinical work to show a demonstrated commitment to service and medicine specifically. Other top programs worth considering are Scripps and UVA as well. Best of luck!

Last edited:
Thank you for your very encouraging reply, and I apologize for not having seen it earlier. The healthy dose of perspective is greatly appreciated, and I hope that you are enjoying your postbac experience so far. Would you be open to a DM in case I had any further questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course. And feel free to reach out as I am glad to answer any questions.

Many thanks! I'm sure you're busy, so I'll keep it to essentials, if I do have questions. I really appreciate it.