PostBacc Advice?

Started by HonorMulan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HonorMulan

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have heard a lot about DIY vs. Traditional Post bacc. I would like to get some advice based on my situation.

I recently graduated with a degree in psychology. Took little to no science classes. The science classes I did take were mainly electives so nothing too tough like OChem etc. I got into an accident halfway through my schooling that left me unable to walk for a while and realized I wanted to be a Physicians Assistant. I have been looking at some Post Bacc programs and I do not even meet the requirement for some because they require various science classes. Essentially what is the best option for me in which I do not spend the most amount of time getting to finally apply to PA schools.

What are the pros and cons of DIY and Traditional?
Should I DIY the requirements straight from PA schools websites?
Should I take the required classes then apply to post bacc? (I feel like this would take long)

Would love some advice thanks everyone.