PostBacc Application Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been looking for a timeline and haven't found one. Here are some questions I have.

I am a senior in college taking the MCAT in January. I would like to do some sort of masters program or a post bacc program.

When I should I turn in my application for these programs?
Am I taking my MCAT late for these Post Bacc programs?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

you need to see which programs you want to apply for. Some require applications before january, but I know a lot of them accept on a rolling basis, and quite a few after january. Find out which programs you are interested in, and look at their dates on their website

I think you should figure out what you need before you apply

"Post-bac" (pre-req) is different than a SMP; which is diff than an MPH; which is diff then a MS in a core science; which is diff than an academic-enhancer program

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you for your helpful responses, but i do know what i want to do. Id like either an SMP or MPH.

I just need to know if my MCAT test date is late for the above programs!

Well they are very different and accomplish different things - so, no, you don't really know what you want.

I am entering an SMP in a week. I started applying last August, I had all of my SMP apps done I believe by December. My stats are not amazing but I was not rejected from any of the SMPs I applied to. Point being, apply early early early.

I am unsure if I should do an SMP or a Post-Bacc....3.3 cGPA 3.4 sGPA, no MCAT yet.

What should be the deciding factor??

I am actually confused about this as well....What is an SMP vs. a Post-bacc program?

Also, which post-bacc programs have bridge programs with their medical school?

I am unsure if I should do an SMP or a Post-Bacc....3.3 cGPA 3.4 sGPA, no MCAT yet.

What should be the deciding factor??
Your cGPA - do an SMP

I am actually confused about this as well....What is an SMP vs. a Post-bacc program?

Also, which post-bacc programs have bridge programs with their medical school?
The search feature and some reading answers that.... Its been covered a couple of hundred times; do the leg work and do the reading