Postbacc for Academic Enhancement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ultimeaciax

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if there's still any reputable postbacc programs for academic enhancement/socioeconomic disadvantage open for the Fall app. I've been searching around but most of the postbaccs' deadline is over. Plus, I haven't taken the MCAT, so a postbacc w/ no mcat requirement would be nice too. Thanks.
 
Not really too knowledgable on remedial programs for lower socio-economic students but I do know of a new post-bacc program at VCOM that seems to fit that mold you might be looking for.

"The Program is an excellent preparation for individuals who are changing careers, interested in applying to an osteopathic (D.O.) or allopathic (M.D.) medical program and/or for graduating students who need to meet or strengthen the requirements for health professions schools. The Program at VCOM is a non-degree granting, certificate program offered to attract individuals from rural areas, low-socioeconomic status backgrounds, and underrepresented minorities."

http://www.vcom.vt.edu/post-baccalaureate/index.html
 
I was wondering if there's still any reputable postbacc programs for academic enhancement/socioeconomic disadvantage open for the Fall app. I've been searching around but most of the postbaccs' deadline is over. Plus, I haven't taken the MCAT, so a postbacc w/ no mcat requirement would be nice too. Thanks.
Did you see these in the GPA enhancement sticky?

Chicago area med schools - Post Baccalaureate Program Chicago, IL
Creighton - Premedical Post-Bac Program Omaha, NE
Drexel DPMS - Drexel Pathway to Medical School (DPMS) Philadelphia, PA
Georgetown GEMS - Georgetown Experimental Medical Studies (GEMS) Program Washington, DC
Hampton - Medical Science Program Hampton, VA
Indiana - Master of Science in Medical Science Program Indianapolis, IN
Ohio State U - MEDPATH - Postbaccalaureate Program Columbus, OH
Oklahoma State U (OSUCOM) - Bridge Program Tulsa, OK
Southern Illinois U - Medical/Dental Education Preparatory Program Carbondale, IL
U of California Davis - Postbaccalaureate Program (Consortium) Sacramento, CA
U of California Irvine - Postbaccalaureate Program (Consortium) Irvine, CA
U of California Los Angeles (Drew) - Postbaccalaureate Program (Consortium) Los Angeles, CA
U of California Los Angeles (Geffen) - Reapplication Program (Consortium) Los Angeles, CA
U of California Riverside - Postbaccalaureate Premedical Program (Consortium) Riverside, CA
U of California San Diego - Postbaccalaureate Program (Consortium) San Diego, CA
U of California San Francisco - Post Baccalaureate Program (Consortium) San Francisco, CA
U of Connecticut - Minority Post-Baccalaureate Program B Farmington, CT
Wake Forest - Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program Winston-Salem, NC
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not really too knowledgable on remedial programs for lower socio-economic students but I do know of a new post-bacc program at VCOM that seems to fit that mold you might be looking for.

"The Program is an excellent preparation for individuals who are changing careers, interested in applying to an osteopathic (D.O.) or allopathic (M.D.) medical program and/or for graduating students who need to meet or strengthen the requirements for health professions schools. The Program at VCOM is a non-degree granting, certificate program offered to attract individuals from rural areas, low-socioeconomic status backgrounds, and underrepresented minorities."

http://www.vcom.vt.edu/post-baccalaureate/index.html

Thanks. I've applied to that program in Feb already. The only down side w/ that program is I think it's relatively new...and because of that you can't really get any federal financial aid for it.
 
Thanks for responding. I've looked at most of the programs you listed before. Most of them require the MCAT or the deadlines are over. For UC schools, I'm not a Cali residence so I'm not eligible either. However, the Chicago program seems interesting, but I think they require the MCAT also. I need sometimes to study for the MCAT so I can apply to these programs, especially for GEMS, Drexel and Ohio State.