Postbacc Programs - Anyone have any ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysayeed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SDN, I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice concerning the programs I should consider (Postbacc/SMP). Here are my statistics:

Major: Biology w/ Molecular Emphasis, Philosophy, Bioethics minor

GPA: 3.2 cumulative, 3.3 science

MCAT: 26R... 10P, 9B, 7V (English is my second language)

Retake Date...: Probably January

Volunteer Work: 3 years at the RIC, doing patient feeding and helping in the ethics department

Research: 2 research scholarships/awards, been in a lab for 3 years

Shadowing: Shadowed 2 doctors, one for only a day and another for about 4 months

*Also, I am fluent in Urdu and pretty good with Spanish. This year I plan to volunteer at an ER room at an inner city hospital.

I have considered Temple, which seems to be a very logical choice considering their 'guarentee', but I realize their acceptance rate is very low (25/400) into the program, and I don't know the statistics of people who got in (anyone who reads this and is by chance in the program, please PM me!). Aside from that, there is always RFUBMS, Drexel, and MAMS at Loyola (last choice, I want to see other schools). Anyone with any recommendations considering my stats please feel free to comment or make a suggestion, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you've got some sweet volunteer/research experience! :thumbup:

have you considered the BU program? I don't know a whole lot about the SMPs but I know I've read some about BU and I think possibly Wake Forest also. Sorry I can't be of more help I just didn't want you to think no one read your post!

Good luck :xf:

SDN, I was wondering if anyone here could offer any advice concerning the programs I should consider (Postbacc/SMP).

You're missing enough programs in your list that I think you should start with the stickied threads at the top of the forum, plus this newest list: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=640302

smpthredz.jpg

if you want to stay in the area i highly recommend midwestern's program.