Postbacc questions

Started by estara89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

estara89

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you already have a bachelor's degree, is it worth it to do a postbacc to strengthen your undergrad record? I have a degree in a science field but wasn't sure if it was worth it to a postbacc or just apply. I have an overall gpa below 3.0 and above 2.5 which is why I was asking.
 
I got my masters because I was in the same boat. I think it definitely helped. my GPA was a 2.8 undergrad but my master's gpa was a 3.9. I was worried because undergrad was so low but everyone kept telling me it will be the trend in grades that helped and it did. 🙂 I got my master's degree in 9 months so it was a perfect gap year program and now I'll start pharm school in August. 🙂