Postbaccs without pre reqs and low gpa?

Started by Desperate
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Desperate

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,

I just got off the phone admissions rep from an Osteopathic medical school and he recommended a formal post bacc to me. I told him I graduated with 2.7-2.8 (depending on calculation) with a jaw dropping 12 w's and that I have been accepted to a second bachelor's programs in Biology, compared to my first degree in History, but he told they are out there. Does anyone know of these post bacc master's programs that accept people like me without pre req's? I was only aware of postbacc academic record enhancement programs for science majors and SMP's but I have not taken the MCAT.
 
Generally speaking, the 'career changer' post-bacs are more competitive than 'GPA enhancer' post-bacs as far as undergrad performance goes.

The career changers (at least in the higher-end programs) are already fairly competitive applicants, lacking *only* pre-reqs and an MCAT. In contrast, GPA enhancer post-bacs are for students who have already completed their pre-reqs and MCAT but are below the competitive range for GPA (they usually expect a decent MCAT coming into the program). Since you might have a hard time getting into a career changer post-bac, I suggest following through with your bio second major and applying to a GPA enhancer post-bac afterward (perhaps one with linkage to an MD or DO school upon completion of the program).