Hello everyone! I recently interviewed and got an offer for a postdoctoral research position, which is a split position in which i'll be spending 2/3 of time on project coordination and 1/3 on writing. It is a good position but not my first choice. I've applied to other universities for training programs and I am yet to hear from 2 of them. The PI for the postdoc wants me to decide soon if I want to position. Would it be okay to e-mail the head of the search committee at the other 2 universities to let them know and ask where they are in the selection process? I would also let them know that they are my first choice. Please advise. Thank you!