Posted Accepted GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrqwerty14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions, since I'm a little confused about posted accepted student average GPAs on schools websites and other databases (US News & Report, etc).

1.) Are these GPAs the ones given by AAMCOMAS or AMCAS? So Osteopathic schools could have an average accepted student GPA of 3.4, but it is actually a 3.2 when calculated through AMCAS, since it doesn't include repeats?

2.) Accepted students GPA - Does this just include grades at the time of application, or all the classes taken until matriculation into med school?

Thanks and hopefully that all makes sense.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few questions, since I'm a little confused about posted accepted student average GPAs on schools websites and other databases (US News & Report, etc).

1.) Are these GPAs the ones given by AAMCOMAS or AMCAS? So Osteopathic schools could have an average accepted student GPA of 3.4, but it is actually a 3.2 when calculated through AMCAS, since it doesn't include repeats?

2.) Accepted students GPA - Does this just include grades at the time of application, or all the classes taken until matriculation into med school?

Thanks and hopefully that all makes sense.

1)First question: The grades are given by both the AAMCOMAS and the AMCAS .
Second question: Yes if repetas were involved the AMCAS gpa would be lower.

2) Quite frankly I don't even see why it matters. Just do the best you can in your classes and apply. This is a pointless question.