Postgraduation..greencard...surgery...question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ravet007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI,
My name is Ravi, and I really need your advice...
I am in my final year (6th) MD in National medical university, Kiev, Ukraine. It is recognised by the IMED and WHO. I will get my Diplom in June 2006. And have not done my internship yet.
I am an Indian citizen but will be getting a green card (hopefully) in the beginning of 2006. I would like to do my postgraduation in Surgery in the USA, but I don't know which way to go?
What are the plus points of me having a green card?
What if I don't get a green card, then what should I do?
Is Usmle the only way out? I want to study in the US, and not work, but do I still have to give all 3 steps of Usmle? Its a very long procedure and risky too...
What is the meaning of residency? Is it working as a doctor in the US?

I am so confused, please help...
Thank you,
Ravi..

Members don't see this ad.

Residency is doing a specialty in a specific field of medicine, and you do get paid for this, but not a full physicians fee.

ravet007 said:
HI,
My name is Ravi, and I really need your advice...
I am in my final year (6th) MD in National medical university, Kiev, Ukraine. It is recognised by the IMED and WHO. I will get my Diplom in June 2006. And have not done my internship yet.
I am an Indian citizen but will be getting a green card (hopefully) in the beginning of 2006. I would like to do my postgraduation in Surgery in the USA, but I don't know which way to go?
What are the plus points of me having a green card?
What if I don't get a green card, then what should I do?
Is Usmle the only way out? I want to study in the US, and not work, but do I still have to give all 3 steps of Usmle? Its a very long procedure and risky too...
What is the meaning of residency? Is it working as a doctor in the US?

I am so confused, please help...
Thank you,
Ravi..
ukraine???i need sum info abt da fees nd da living conditions....is it better than an indian degree?