India and South Asia Postgraduation..greencard...surgery...question

Started by ravet007
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ravet007

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HI,
My name is Ravi, and I really need your advice...
I am in my final year (6th) MD in National medical university, Kiev, Ukraine. It is recognised by the IMED and WHO. I will get my Diplom in June 2006. And have not done my internship yet.
I am an Indian citizen but will be getting a green card (hopefully) in the beginning of 2006. I would like to do my postgraduation in Surgery in the USA, but I don't know which way to go?
What are the plus points of me having a green card?
What if I don't get a green card, then what should I do?
Is Usmle the only way out? I want to study in the US, and not work, but do I still have to give all 3 steps of Usmle? Its a very long procedure and risky too...
What is the meaning of residency? Is it working as a doctor in the US?

I am so confused, please help...
Thank you,
Ravi..
 
Residency is doing a specialty in a specific field of medicine, and you do get paid for this, but not a full physicians fee.
 
ravet007 said:
HI,
My name is Ravi, and I really need your advice...
I am in my final year (6th) MD in National medical university, Kiev, Ukraine. It is recognised by the IMED and WHO. I will get my Diplom in June 2006. And have not done my internship yet.
I am an Indian citizen but will be getting a green card (hopefully) in the beginning of 2006. I would like to do my postgraduation in Surgery in the USA, but I don't know which way to go?
What are the plus points of me having a green card?
What if I don't get a green card, then what should I do?
Is Usmle the only way out? I want to study in the US, and not work, but do I still have to give all 3 steps of Usmle? Its a very long procedure and risky too...
What is the meaning of residency? Is it working as a doctor in the US?

I am so confused, please help...
Thank you,
Ravi..
ukraine???i need sum info abt da fees nd da living conditions....is it better than an indian degree?