PostInterview Contact Osteopathic Orthopedic Residency 2019 Match -

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JJacobsDO152

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can we get a thread going of the places that have made contact with students so we can keep a track of it, please? I think it would certainly be beneficial especially since we're not too far away from submitting our rank list.
 
From what I understand, the people who match are the ones who received a call. If you don't, it's more likely than not you'll be unmatched in a months time. So knowing whether the programs you interviewed at called already or not allows you to get a head start on backup plans.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think thats true at all... From what I can gather from students I auditioned with this cycle, very few of them actually received calls. (And I kept in contact with a large number of people FYI)
 
Well there’s many other students you probably didn’t keep in contact with. I’d still want to know where people received calls from to get an idea of things.
More power to you. Still, I don't foresee people lining up to tell you where they were promised spots and blatantly commit match violations.
 
More power to you. Still, I don't foresee people lining up to tell you where they were promised spots and blatantly commit match violations.

This lol. Why would students come out and give themselves and the programs a match violation? Every place I rotated at and interviewed at made it clear that they weren't going to be calling people and the number of phone call deals was likely to go way down from how it was done historically due to the merger. Also I'm with atlantis, outside of the places that advertise that they call people like Doctor's the people I auditioned with along the way haven't gotten any phone calls they would admit to even in private.