Potential careers with PharmD and MBA degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

An MBA will give you a slight advantage if you are looking into moving into management, especially hospital management. I think an MBA from a brick and mortar school will be more beneficial than an MBA from an on-line school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
An MBA will give you a slight advantage if you are looking into moving into management, especially hospital management. I think an MBA from a brick and mortar school will be more beneficial than an MBA from an on-line school.
yup, this. We have four managers at my hospital, two have been there forever, one is a combo pharmd mba and the other is just a mba (not a pharmacist). Although I agree with the brick and mortar vs online, a lot of people that hire don't agree. I read an article when I was flying last month and the attitudes are changing a lot, and online schools are starting to get better and more respected reviews.