Potential Open CA-2 spot in midwest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gaseous Clay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just caught wind that there maybe an open CA-2 position in a midwest program. I've seen what appears to be "confusion" about CA-2. So this means you MUST be a current CA-1 anesthesia resident, not a PGY-1 year intern somewhere. They will only consider this to be for a CA-2 position so please no messages from an intern somewhere.

At this time I cannot divulge where this program is but I wanted to see if I could garner any interest and maybe help out a friend from this program. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this spot still open...I am a CA-1...looking to transfer

I can ask the program director. send me a PM and please let me know why you're transferring. Are you in good standing with your program? THanks.

Gaseous, is that spot open for post-residency docs who want to go on into Anesthesia? My residency was in Peds, where I would like to ultimately practice in anesthesia.

Gaseous, is that spot open for post-residency docs who want to go on into Anesthesia? My residency was in Peds, where I would like to ultimately practice in anesthesia.

Thank you for the interest. I spoke to my PD a few weeks ago. He told me he'd take a current anesthesia CA-1, maybe CA-2 resident who is in very good standing with their current program and basically need to leave the program to be closer to family, home, etc ... Unfortunately all other spots are full.

Hey there.

I just finished my CA2 year but for lots of personal issues need to transfer. I have family in Chicago so if this is any close will be fantastic.
I understand they are looking for a CA2-to-be, but maybe they can let me finish there and at least solve this coming year's dilema.

Let me know.

Lulu:xf: