Potential reapplicant question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TheDarkNeuron

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone. My AACOMAS was verified months ago but I recently received my mcat scores and applied to a few DO schools for this cycle. I heard from a few people that this was a bad idea because it makes me a reapplicant if I don't get in anywhere this year. I am wondering if I should contact the schools directly and ask them their opinion on withdrawing my app this year or if I should just leave it. Any info would be appropriated, thanks!
 
Did you pay the secondary application fee? Did you receive a complete email from the admissions? If yes to either question, I would just wait it out and see if you could get in through waitlist (you will likely be interviewing for a spot on waitlist at this point). I doubt you could just suddenly withdraw your applications from the schools. You will likely be a re-applicant whether you withdraw the applications or not. It's better to wait it out and apply early next cycle.