ppx for the boards step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheCat

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I Just bought this book since it was officially the book my school recomends for step 2 so i thought I would check it out but i hardly see anyone talk about this. At first glance, i read through a couple sections I love this book-seems really thorough yet concise. It is in small paragraph format which I prefer to bullet points. It has a summary of the disease, signs/symptoms/diagnosis/treatment all laid out nicely and supposedly it follows the step 2 outline put out by nbme.
Now with that said is the book of any use for step 2? I figured I would use this plus crush plus usmle world Any input

Members don't see this ad.

TheCat said:
Hey everyone, I Just bought this book since it was officially the book my school recomends for step 2 so i thought I would check it out but i hardly see anyone talk about this. At first glance, i read through a couple sections I love this book-seems really thorough yet concise. It is in small paragraph format which I prefer to bullet points. It has a summary of the disease, signs/symptoms/diagnosis/treatment all laid out nicely and supposedly it follows the step 2 outline put out by nbme.
Now with that said is the book of any use for step 2? I figured I would use this plus crush plus usmle world Any input

ppx? whatzit?

no clue what your talking about....

I second tedstriker's comment "whatzit"

Prescription for the Boards-Step 2 Review. Woops i think I meant Px not ppx haha come on now extrapolate!!jk sorry-so anyone?

Members don't see this ad :)
never heard of it.

book is 8 years old now. Probably written a good 10-11 years ago before it was reviewed and published...

It was written in 2002. you may be looking at the 1st or 2nd edit. but the third was in 2002.

TheCat said:
It was written in 2002. you may be looking at the 1st or 2nd edit. but the third was in 2002.

I'm real lazy. Amazon link, if you don't mind furnishing one? Thanks TheCat

TheCat said:
Prescription for the Boards-Step 2 Review. Woops i think I meant Px not ppx haha come on now extrapolate!!jk sorry-so anyone?

hmm...i think prescription is commonly written as 'rx'.... anyways, never heard of that book. first thing i'd do is check to see if one of your profs/former residents had written it. ;)

TheCat said:

I used this book, along with First Aid for step 2, USMLE Step II Secrets, and the Princeton Review book for step 2 (just to read some clinical vignettes - not highly recommended by me).

Not very heavy on management, but either was the exam, in my opinion. If I had to do it again, I'd be sure to study plenty of OB and Pedi... seemed like everything was a kid or some lady with vag bleeding. Sheesh..

Anyway, don't know which book did it, but one of them seemed to work for me....

And BTW, Prescription is usually written Rx, meaning "Take thou."