PR for canada medical residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucms

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am MBBS student from New delhi, India. I want to get into a medical residency course in canada for which I need Permanent resident (PR) status (as per the provincial eligibility criteria for international students).

I want to ask if it is possible to clear the test (mccee) , get matched n then apply for PR while I am in the post graduate course? Or I must have proof of PR before getting into the course?

Is there possibility of getting admission if I have only study visa ?

Can I apply for PR under provincial nomination programme after I get matched?

Members don't see this ad.

I am MBBS student from New delhi, India. I want to get into a medical residency course in canada for which I need Permanent resident (PR) status (as per the provincial eligibility criteria for international students).

I want to ask if it is possible to clear the test (mccee) , get matched n then apply for PR while I am in the post graduate course? Or I must have proof of PR before getting into the course?

Is there possibility of getting admission if I have only study visa ?

Can I apply for PR under provincial nomination programme after I get matched?

I highly doubt you'll get provincial nomination for something like this, they're focusing on skilled trade. Too much lobbying from the FRCPS for any lapses in this circuit.