PR for canada medical residency

Started by ucms
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ucms

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am MBBS student from New delhi, India. I want to get into a medical residency course in canada for which I need Permanent resident (PR) status (as per the provincial eligibility criteria for international students).

I want to ask if it is possible to clear the test (mccee) , get matched n then apply for PR while I am in the post graduate course? Or I must have proof of PR before getting into the course?

Is there possibility of getting admission if I have only study visa ?

Can I apply for PR under provincial nomination programme after I get matched?
 
I am MBBS student from New delhi, India. I want to get into a medical residency course in canada for which I need Permanent resident (PR) status (as per the provincial eligibility criteria for international students).

I want to ask if it is possible to clear the test (mccee) , get matched n then apply for PR while I am in the post graduate course? Or I must have proof of PR before getting into the course?

Is there possibility of getting admission if I have only study visa ?

Can I apply for PR under provincial nomination programme after I get matched?

I highly doubt you'll get provincial nomination for something like this, they're focusing on skilled trade. Too much lobbying from the FRCPS for any lapses in this circuit.