drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
hey , guys i am starting this thread to know how many people would be interested in joining a hands on course for practical preparation for foreign trained graduates, if organised in florida.
this will basically focus on the practical needs of graduates like us who might be away from the touch of hand piece for quite a long time and needs just right place to freshen their skills :thumbup: ...kindly post ur interest mentioning ur current location ....

adi1973

10+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi ,
Is there any course avalaible ? Please provide your plan.
thanks

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
adi1973 said:
Hi ,
Is there any course avalaible ? Please provide your plan.
thanks
yes if sufficient no. of candidates are available.

About the Ads

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
drnishpatel said:
yes if sufficient no. of candidates are available.
hai
I live in Tampa florida,can u give me your phone number and i'll get in touch with you.i'm also looking for such an opportunity,to practice for technical exams.

kavitha

sweetgal

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2006
Status
count me in,,,i am interested to know how we can cordinate,,,i live in OHIO

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
Hey guys
if someone takes the initiative, can we can do it in other states as well??how many students are required for one class??do u guys plan to use the video tapes or is someone gonna actually guide???thanx if u can answer these questions...

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student

Sheila M

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Is this only for Florida or other states too ..let me know as I'm from a different state and haven't used a handpiece in a long time and i need this kinda training... thanks :)
Sheila

shlo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2004
Status
drnishpatel said:
i am sorry i don't know about other states but florida state has a separate florida dental licensure exam. which comprise of bench exam like ours in addition to law exam n few more stuff...and there are few classes which prepares candidates for this exam giving them place ,instruments, & teachin them the preps.... so my intention was that if there are sufficient no. of candidates of FTD in florida who would be interested in doing a course similar to one which duggan has in california these institutes can conduct a course for FTD.here in florida...... provided they have sufficient candidates for it...but i guess not any people want to do that course ......sorry can't be more informative for other states....

Hey thanx for the info.........I guess its not possible...however what's the course or institute name in florida????is there a website??i can find out if they have anuthing in my state....thanx again.....

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
ok the class name is florida dental board preps..... basically the course offers training to dentist who r about to take florida licensure exam......conducted twice a year either in gainsville or fort launderdale..... baically if there are around 15 -20 FTDs interested, the guy can organize such a class for FTD who r out of touch of handpiece & want to practice cutting teeth.....
as for most of us procuring a compressor n handpiece to practice at home is not a convenient option ......so a course like this could give us a platform to get trained and practice our preps......
FOR PEOPLE who r out of state, u can certainly come down for the course, which if conducted would be 4-5 days duration n do ur practice........ no dates or pricing have been finalised this thread was put up to gather people who would be interested in joining such a course which if conducted in north florida region....... basic intention is to gather people n organise the event.....
so if ur interested put down a reply here stating ur current location.

well i am suprised as a lot of florida resident will be applying to gainsville college this year but no one wants to do handfull of practice ahead!!!!!!

if any one has any further query on course u can write to me at [email protected]

Sheila M

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2006
Status
Dental Student
Let me know the dates as that is most important and how much will it cost.then I'll let you know .I'm interested in the program but it all depends on the days ...thanks
Sheila

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
Sheila M said:
Let me know the dates as that is most important and how much will it cost.then I'll let you know .I'm interested in the program but it all depends on the days ...thanks
Sheila
Hai guys,

Got little information to share,I talked to somebody who is conducting this course in fortlauderdale from nov 8th onwards.It will be almost done by 15thnov.so interested people can join the course. I did ask them about conducting one in gainesville (north florida)but they are not having any plans to do so.This was confirmed today.
This training is for the florida licence exams,which they conduct every year in fort lauderdale.But they do have room for people like us too.so i'll post the info about cost and otherthings once I get the application which is on its way.
But I think if the exam is not until 15th nov by any of the cali schools this 5-6days of teaching and practice will be helpful.

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
profile76 said:
Hai guys,

Got little information to share,I talked to somebody who is conducting this course in fortlauderdale from nov 8th onwards.It will be almost done by 15thnov.so interested people can join the course. I did ask them about conducting one in gainesville (north florida)but they are not having any plans to do so.This was confirmed today.
This training is for the florida licence exams,which they conduct every year in fort lauderdale.But they do have room for people like us too.so i'll post the info about cost and otherthings once I get the application which is on its way.
But I think if the exam is not until 15th nov by any of the cali schools this 5-6days of teaching and practice will be helpful.

Hi Doc,
Did you get the application and what are the details of the course...how many candidates do they accept for this short training course,the contents of what they will teach , whether it will be useful for CA schools practical exams for Advanced Standing Programs , what is the cost etc....
Your input is very much appreciated...
Regards,
HYDBDS

About the Ads

profile76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
Hai everybody
sorry all,i'm still trying to get information about the cost of this course.
I did get an application for the miami course at fortlauderdale.
but the cost was mentioned for the florida licence exAms.,it says this

miami course with patients-4350 dollars
just miami course-2150 dollars.
when I enquired them about the cost for students like us.I was asked about the preparations needed for our training.
somebody please can, put your input on this and let us all gather the preps neede for us and send them the list,that would help them take a decision about the cost for training us.
so all please work on this and get to know about the preps needed for all cali schools and others with technical exams.

HYDBDS said:
Hi Doc,
Did you get the application and what are the details of the course...how many candidates do they accept for this short training course,the contents of what they will teach , whether it will be useful for CA schools practical exams for Advanced Standing Programs , what is the cost etc....
Your input is very much appreciated...
Regards,
HYDBDS

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
profile76 said:
Hai everybody
sorry all,i'm still trying to get information about the cost of this course.
I did get an application for the miami course at fortlauderdale.
but the cost was mentioned for the florida licence exAms.,it says this

miami course with patients-4350 dollars
just miami course-2150 dollars.
when I enquired them about the cost for students like us.I was asked about the preparations needed for our training.
somebody please can, put your input on this and let us all gather the preps neede for us and send them the list,that would help them take a decision about the cost for training us.
so all please work on this and get to know about the preps needed for all cali schools and others with technical exams.
Hi Doc,
We will surely work on this ... we will give them a list of all the prepartions which we would like to be taught and then ask them how much they will charge... 4-5 days course should be sufficient I presume...

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
HI,
first of all i thank every one for their interest in the course. i receive a lot of messages regarding cost for the course and time line . one thing i would say here is that cost is yet not finalised :( and it all depends on what all preparations we want to learn!!!!!!!
i would like every one here to post their views on what preparations should we learn which will help in california bench exam at the colleges.
i kindly request every one here to find out differnt preparations required in different colleges needed for FTD during their bench exam and post their replies in the thread. a cost then can be finalised based on that.
any input by senior SDNers is extermely valuable to make this course happen.

good luck :) ,

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
drnishpatel said:
HI,
first of all i thank every one for their interest in the course. i receive a lot of messages regarding cost for the course and time line . one thing i would say here is that cost is yet not finalised :( and it all depends on what all preparations we want to learn!!!!!!!
i would like every one here to post their views on what preparations should we learn which will help in california bench exam at the colleges.
i kindly request every one here to find out differnt preparations required in different colleges needed for FTD during their bench exam and post their replies in the thread. a cost then can be finalised based on that.
any input by senior SDNers is extermely valuable to make this course happen.

good luck :) ,

Hi Doc,
I think some of the preparations which may be asked are -
Cl.II , Cl.III and Cl.IV composite -tooth prep + restoration
Cl.II - MO / DO / MOD Silver Amalgam - tooth prep + restoration
PFM - anterior / posterior tooth
Inlay & Onlay - tooth prep
Endo - RCT - access cavity opening
If others can add on to this list, it will be great...Lets try to make a comprehensive list soon and finalize things so that we dont need to wait till the last moment....

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
HYDBDS said:
Hi Doc,
Inlay
If others can add on to this list, it will be great...Lets try to make a comprehensive list soon and finalize things so that we dont need to wait till the last moment....

hey hybds,
r u sure they ask for inlay preps n RCT access preparation also???? can u list which schools ask them?
thanx,

mulbery

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Dental Student
hi,
can any one tell me what kind of artificial tooth we have to buy to practice or can we practise on natural teeth .
thanks in advance

HYDBDS said:
Hi Doc,
Inlay

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
drnishpatel said:
hey hybds,
r u sure they ask for inlay preps n RCT access preparation also???? can u list which schools ask them?
thanx,

Hi drnishpatel,
Inlay prep - I dont know exactly in which school they ask..but I remember reading about it in some thread ... I dont remember in which school it was asked... Regarding RC access opening... it seems it was asked in U Michigan test previously...

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
profile76 said:
Hai guys,

Hi Doc,
We dont have time until November to do this short training course for practicals... I mailed to UoP and I got a reply from them that the practical exam is going to be in the last week of October... so we have to act quick if we have to plan a course and see to it that it gets materialized...
Regards,
HYDBDS

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
hey guys,
finally i got an opportunity to talk to dr. kaim :thumbup: .... and he is watching this discussion to know how many people are interested in the course ....he will probably decide in a week time and probably will also start pre registration to know exactly how many people are interested for the practical course in florida:) ......so guys who so ever are interested go ahead and put down your input i this thread so we can frame a good mass to make this event happen... cheers

Dent tex

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
Status
Count me in.
hey guys,
finally i got an opportunity to talk to dr. kaim :thumbup: .... and he is watching this discussion to know how many people are interested in the course ....he will probably decide in a week time and probably will also start pre registration to know exactly how many people are interested for the practical course in florida:) ......so guys who so ever are interested go ahead and put down your input i this thread so we can frame a good mass to make this event happen... cheers

About the Ads

minali

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2006
Status
Dental Student
count me in too

hey guys,

dr_priya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2006
Status
I talked to Dr.Kaim too but im concerned that he was saying it will be around Oct 20th. Wont it be a bit late for all of us? I have requested him to start it a little earlier. Lets see what he says...COUNT ME IN TOO...
Good Luc!!

hey guys,

minibracket

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
I'm from Paraguay and living right now in Korea, so I am interesting in the practical courses.
Count me in too.
I would need your kind guidance..I need to know the exact day to arrange my fly to Florida...
Thanks a lot~:)
My email address is: [email protected]

dr_priya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2006
Status
Has everyone got their instruments with them? Please let me know what all should i buy and from where? I ll highly appreciate it.
Thanks!!

minibracket

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
Hey, guys, I want to know if there is some difference between this course in Florida and the Duggan's course? Because the Duggan's course can start another block schedule if we are about 6. And it's a little more days 10-11days, and the Duggan's course is more well-knowed or not? Correct me if I'm wrong .
Keep in touch..

dr_priya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2006
Status
The pivotal difference is that which one will actually start up a batch and that too earlier than the other.........

Hey, guys, I want to know if there is some difference between this course in Florida and the Duggan's course? Because the Duggan's course can start another block schedule if we are about 6. And it's a little more days 10-11days, and the Duggan's course is more well-knowed or not? Correct me if I'm wrong .
Keep in touch..

compsongs

10+ Year Member
May 23, 2006
Status
Dental Student
I am also interested but we need it soon because all interviews will generally start from october

OP
D

drnishpatel

nish
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 2, 2006
Status
Dental Student
hey guys,
the course is finalised now at fort launderdale between 20-24th october:) .... sorry that it can not be arranged before ... only maximum 10 students in course .. i am attaching a few synopsis from dr. kaim's attachment about course....i think it itself explains eveything about the course but even if u have suggestion or comments please write to me at [email protected]:thumbup: or those who are interested please contact toll free no. given ....
thanx and good luck to everyone

Florida Dental Board Preps (FDBP) the Gordy course is pleased to announce that we will offer a 4-day hands on preparation program for the manikin challenge examination. This course will offer an opportunity for each candidate to cut preparations, insert amalgam and composite restorations in a simulated laboratory session. We will use bench mounted simulators OR direct bench placement depending on the requirements of the particular school

Background: The course is presented by Dr.Gordy, Gultz, and Kaim. Over the last 25 years all three have presented preparation courses for Florida Boards both bench and clinical, California Boards both bench and clinical, Western Regional Boards, NERB, Southern Regional Boards, New York State Bench Test and other individual states. They have collectively 50 years of experience at a major Dental School.

We know what the criteria are and we know what will pass.

Program: The schedule for the course is outlined below. As each dental school may require slightly different procedures we will provide a general program that is common for all programs and then allow each candidate to pick elective areas. Should the class not require a particular lecture we will eliminate it or give it individually as needed. When you sign up you will let us know the specific procedures you will need to learn and practice. Elective instructional time and open non instructional time should be used by each of you to practice those areas that you are weak and areas that may be unique to the exam you are taking such as ¾ crown, onlays etc.

Location: The course will be presented at our Ft. Lauderdale, Davie Dental office at 4971 South State Road 7 Davie, Florida.

Fees:

4-day (46 hour) intensive course $1050

Complete instrument package (optional) $300

Typodont Columbia 860 series $179 includes shipping

Extra typodont teeth may be pre-ordered [email protected]

or purchased at the course

Payment: We accept visa or MasterCard, bank checks or money orders. Please don’t hesitate to call for more information..

Please note: we must have a minimum of 4 candidates in order to present this program.

The course is limited to 10 candidates.

Refund policy. Course: 50% more than 30 days; 25% less than 30 days.

Instruments full refund

Typodont: if mailed before course and returned unused 95%

Extra teeth if mailed 80% and returned unused

Dent tex

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
Status
Anybody who has already registered or planning to register to this course please PM me so that we can discuss about the details of this course and regarding the accommodation etc.... please reply ASAP.

Thanks.

Dent tex

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
Status
Hey there's nobody who's going for this course. if anybody there pls reply.:confused:

HYDBDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Hey there's nobody who's going for this course. if anybody there pls reply.:confused:

Hi Dent tex,
I have registered today to join this Florida training course... they said that they will send an e-mail confirmation soon with all the details..
have you already registered for this course ? BTW, where are you located in the US ? I am currently working in OMAN and flying today to the US... I will be in Boston for a couple of weeks and then come to Tampa 2-3 days before this course begins... they are providing everything for a cost except the two hand pieces - one slow speed and one high speed.. ... if you have already registered for this course,kindly let me know how you are planning to manage the handpieces...

Regards...
HYDBDS

Dent tex

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2005
Status
Please check your PM.
Hi Dent tex,
I have registered today to join this Florida training course... they said that they will send an e-mail confirmation soon with all the details..
have you already registered for this course ? BTW, where are you located in the US ? I am currently working in OMAN and flying today to the US... I will be in Boston for a couple of weeks and then come to Tampa 2-3 days before this course begins... they are providing everything for a cost except the two hand pieces - one slow speed and one high speed.. ... if you have already registered for this course,kindly let me know how you are planning to manage the handpieces...

Regards...
HYDBDS

About the Ads