practice announcement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

olafa

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some questions about the typical practice announcement letter.

When crafting your letter for your practice announcement what sorts of info is typically included or not included?

1. do you include your training & background info
2. practice emphasis/philosophy - for intervention pain, should include this or is this too much for short intro letter?
- my main reason for including this info would be to inform the referring physicians of how I intend to practice, ie so that they know who would be a good referal. (or do they even read this??)

- do you put a picture on the letter (for rocognition purposes)?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Everyone in Medicine wants to know where you trained. Patients do to. Even if your program sucked but you came from a place with a big name, you look good.

You want them to know who they should send to you. What kind of patients you treat. Let them know why they should refer to you instead of the guys they've been refering to for 20 years.

A picture doesn't hurt, unless you're ugly.

Everyone in Medicine wants to know where you trained. Patients do to. Even if your program sucked but you came from a place with a big name, you look good.

You want them to know who they should send to you. What kind of patients you treat. Let them know why they should refer to you instead of the guys they've been refering to for 20 years.

A picture doesn't hurt, unless you're ugly.

Hey man, that's why they have soft focus and photoshop. My new mugshot includes a race motorcycle to draw the eyes away from my face.

Members don't see this ad :)
Board Certified
seems pretty obvious but I see a lot of docs lapsing their certifications

What if your ugly and dont know it!! :eek:

Just to be safe, use a picture of Brad Pitt. I did for a while on my linkedin site and my SCS rep said: "Dang **** your picture looks just like Brad Pitt!"