Practice dat from ada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnookieDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
is the practice test from ADA website comparable with the real DAT? Is the practice DAT on ADA the same difficulty level as the real DAT?

Members don't see this ad.

everyone has different test versions, so for me, I can only speak for MY particular dat version

I only did the biology, GC, Orgo, and math on the free ADA DAT.

Biology of the real dat was a little harder I felt... not much harder, like 1 point difference (like the difference between a 20 and 21 score)

General chemis of the real dat was about the same difficulty as the practice

Orgo, oh boy, I felt like my DAT's orgo was ALOT harder than the free ADA test. I remember when I did the free ADA orgo, I didn't miss any questions, it was very easy and basic, which equates to a score of about 28-30. But on my DAT, I got a 21 on my orgo, there was some reactions there that I have NEVER seen before.

Finally the MATH of the free sample test was easier I felt than the DAT's math.....

I think the sample was really easy. I remember doing it a few years ago and getting a 23 on the bio section. I would not use it as a measure of how you will do.

I wonder why the ADA provides a sample that is almost universally recognized as easier than the real DAT? It can give you a false sense of security.