"practice" DAT....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

markthedent

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would happen if i wrote the DAT next week and did poorly on it and then rescheduled to re write it a week after.
Will that be a bad idea if i wanna get in this cycle...?

Members don't see this ad.

Even if that were an option, that's just reckless. You have to wait 90 days before you can retake the exam!

what if i write the canadian DAT the 2nd time?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, you HAVE to wait 90 days! I never, ever suggest using the DAT as a "practice" test. Dental schools can see al ofl your scores. Even if you end up with a 25+ AA, if your first AA is a 15, it doesn't look too hot!

so am i better off writing the DAT once in 2 weeks and getting a good score, or do it early nxt week and get it done with (say i get a decent score)?

yeah man, no to using the actual DAT as a practice, Canadian or not. The DAT should be something you get out of with a ton of load off your back. And you physically can not take in consecutively in less than 90 days, its a rule from the test makers.

so is it better to do it september 19 or 26, is the 26 tooo late?

so is it better to do it september 19 or 26, is the 26 tooo late?

its better when you are ready. just chill, do some practice exams on what ever program you are on, and let yourself decide when to take it.

thanks man. I applied to d school alrady and im nervous about finishing the DAT already, i dont want them to reject me for doing the DAT late.