Practice Fusion and EHR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OffPiste

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone using PracticeFusion for their EHR? Free online system is tempting, and supposedly makes one eligible for meaninful use $, but I am concerned about the IT support and functionality for pain.

How about GE Centricity system, any opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

When we looked at it a few months back, it didn't have FAX support. That meant that instead of having electronic FAXes, all incoming stuff would have to be scanned and uploaded to patient files...a lot of work for the office staff. For that reason alone we decided against it. That may have changed but its worth investigating.

didn't feel comfortable saving patient's data on someone else' server. Actually, they own the data.

didn't feel comfortable saving patient's data on someone else' server. Actually, they own the data.

Same here. If you read about the people who own/operate the site, I see no reason to trust them with patient records. Also, as a free service, they're gonna eventually have to make money somehow. I don't know how but I think you must be pretty locked in with your entire patient database. When big animated banner ads start popping up or they start charging for the service, what can you do? Or worse, start using your data or your patient's data for marketing purposes, a la facebook.