Practice Location

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ohiostateboy

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just curious where eveyone is planning to practice upon graduation. My vote is for GA or AK.
 
AK because of the natural beauty and slow pace of life. Too bad its so cold and so far from my family. GA because of the Appl. Mountains and good job opportunity. Possibly, NC too because of scope of practice.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has always been my dream to live in Alaska!!! 😀 Sometimes when I get bored I look at optometry jobs on the net (I know I'm a nerd) and I found one that you can work for the state and fly out to small villages and give them eye care! I've also talked to the optometry school I'm going to about getting an externship there to I could make contacts and they have a site in anchorage! Other then that, just depends on if I get married and where his job takes him. Maybe after all my adventures are over I’ll settle down in Texas or Oklahoma.