Practice MCAT Scores Going Down?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr.Doctor

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has been through this:
I took my fourth practice MCAT today. I improved steadily on my first three tests and my highest score was on AAMCIV with at 10-10-12. Today I took AAMC V and only got a 9-9-10. That's a 5 point drop! Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

oops, it's a 4 point drop... maybe math was the problem... :D

I did better on V than on IV myself...still, remember that you still have time AND these scores are pretty good! I'd suggest comparing both tests, seeing if there are weaknesses AAMCV exposed that need addressing (science topics, verbal question types, etc.) Bottom line, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're on the right track, doing full-lengths! Builds up that test stamina...

aloha :cool:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by cdoc9:
•To anyone who has been through this:
I took my fourth practice MCAT today. I improved steadily on my first three tests and my highest score was on AAMCIV with at 10-10-12. Today I took AAMC V and only got a 9-9-10. That's a 5 point drop! Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks•••••I have yet to take 5, but I found the VR and BS on AAMCIV to be pitifully easy..PS, my weak spot, was *ok*.