Practice MCAT Scores Going Down?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mr.Doctor, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Mr.Doctor

Mr.Doctor Junior Member

To anyone who has been through this:
    I took my fourth practice MCAT today. I improved steadily on my first three tests and my highest score was on AAMCIV with at 10-10-12. Today I took AAMC V and only got a 9-9-10. That's a 5 point drop! Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Mr.Doctor

Mr.Doctor Junior Member

oops, it's a 4 point drop... maybe math was the problem... :D

4. analu

analu Senior Member

I did better on V than on IV myself...still, remember that you still have time AND these scores are pretty good! I'd suggest comparing both tests, seeing if there are weaknesses AAMCV exposed that need addressing (science topics, verbal question types, etc.) Bottom line, I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're on the right track, doing full-lengths! Builds up that test stamina...

aloha :cool:

5. Vasiley Zaitsev

Vasiley Zaitsev Senior Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cdoc9:
    <strong>To anyone who has been through this:
    I took my fourth practice MCAT today. I improved steadily on my first three tests and my highest score was on AAMCIV with at 10-10-12. Today I took AAMC V and only got a 9-9-10. That's a 5 point drop! Is this normal, or should I be worried?

Thanks</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have yet to take 5, but I found the VR and BS on AAMCIV to be pitifully easy..PS, my weak spot, was *ok*.