Practice NBME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheEleventhReel

Dinkin flicka
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I know this subject has probably been beaten to death, but I have a quick question. I just finished making my study schedule and I've set aside time to do 3 of the 4 NBMEs. I'm definately taking 4 b/c I want good practice on the tougher cell/molec and biochem questions. I'm also taking form 3 b/c the general consensus is that it is most representive of the real deal. My question is should I take form 1 or form 2? Also, I should point out that I've structured these tests into my schedule so that I'm taking form 3 a few days before the test and form 4 after I've sufficiently covered cell/molec and biochem. I plan on taking either form 1 or 2 at the beginning of my studies to get a baseline. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

A baseline is a good idea, but not absolutely necessary. My school administered a practice test, so I just used that. What question bank are you using? If I had a choice between another NBME and buying UWorld - I'd happily buy UWorld and skip the NBME. I'd much rather have helpful feedback and explanations than a bar graph and a score without much explanation.

Good :luck:!

A baseline is a good idea, but not absolutely necessary. My school administered a practice test, so I just used that. What question bank are you using? If I had a choice between another NBME and buying UWorld - I'd happily buy UWorld and skip the NBME. I'd much rather have helpful feedback and explanations than a bar graph and a score without much explanation.

Good :luck:!

I have UW and it is a great test bank. Unfortunately, we didn't get a practice test representative of boards, so I'd like to take either 1 or 2 for a baseline. Since I'm a DO student, I don't have to take USMLE, so I'd like to know that I'm getting in the range of my goal for USMLE. If I'm not, then I'm not going to take the exam. I know the NBMEs don't exactly correlate w/your score, but from the posts I've seen, many people are w/in 5-10 points of their last NBME. I've seen that most people think form 1 is the easiest, but I haven't heard that much about form 2.