Practice NBME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I searched old forums and the last ones were from earlier this year. I just registered for an account and saw that they had, for $60, practice NBME with FEEDBACK. It seems like it includes what percentage of questions you got wrong from each subject and also allows you to see the ones you missed as well. What do you guys think of this?

I plan on doing 3 practice NBME's, one each sunday (study schedule 4 weeks). Which three do you guys recommend me doing? I've heard lots about NBME 3 but also hear that they are all about the same in terms of their correlation and "realistic" portrayal of the actual test.

Members don't see this ad.

I did all NBME exams (1-6) for my prep before my exam. I found the extended feedback useful but extremely strange because the percentage correct seemed to be at odds with the 3-digit score.

I personally found that NBME 4, 5, 6 were the most similar. In fact, I found that USMLE world simulated exam #2 was the absolute closest to the real thing. Unless things have changed, the interface of the NBME's are not similar to the real thing...but UW exams are the same.

I did all NBME exams (1-6) for my prep before my exam. I found the extended feedback useful but extremely strange because the percentage correct seemed to be at odds with the 3-digit score.

I personally found that NBME 4, 5, 6 were the most similar. In fact, I found that USMLE world simulated exam #2 was the absolute closest to the real thing. Unless things have changed, the interface of the NBME's are not similar to the real thing...but UW exams are the same.

Thanks for the info!:thumbup: