Practice owned by private equity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Ice

Attending
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone either has or knows someone who works for a practice that is owned by a private equity firm. A job offer has been introduced to me with such a practice. It is in a geographic locale that is ideal for me. Don’t know many details other than it’s a neurological group with non operative docs as well.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at two a year ago, and like most places they are there to make money. I saw lots of Rx signing for NPs and propofol for epidurals. Managing partners drove very nice vehicles however.

Only an n=2, but shadow a day if you're serious. Ask them to pay half your plane ticket, may save yourself a year of headache. It likely depends a lot on the local office as a lot of these practices have recently merged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Private equity owned group means that any excess profits above your salary is divided up by people other than you. They also retain control. At least with a doctor owned group, you've got a shot at keeping some of the profits and autonomy.

tell the the PE guys to PM me ...

Reactions: 1 user