Practice PCAT from Harcourt?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RXGeneration

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am wondering if anyone had purchased the practice PCAT from harcourt and how helpful was it? I am thinking of doing it, but not sure if it's worth it. Your feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
the practice test will help you to determine what to focus on while studying...and the most important thing is that you will realize that time is the HUGE issue while giving the test...I would recommend you to time you pratice test...
 
When I was studying for the PCAT, I bought all of the practice tests and I found that they were extremely helpful in my studying. Not only do they tell you what to focus on, some questions are even re-used in a similar fashion. Specifically, the Harcourt tests helped me focus on the what would be covered in the math section - they were a few changes in the June 2007 test and the official practice test seemed to most accurately reflect the changes.

My advice is to buy the practice tests a few days in advance when you feel you are adequately prepared and try taking them under time conditions. The score report won't be extremely useful since they group into vague categories like 75%-99% percentile, but the experience is great. Keep in mind that you can save the official practice tests while you are taking it, so you can review it later as the test date gets closer. Good luck.