Practice PCAT

Started by br80bron
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

br80bron

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took a practice PCAT test here are my results:

Biology 58%
Chemistry 17%
Quantitative 46%
Reading comprehension 54%
Verbal 71%
Overall 49%

I am a freshmen in college, I have never taken any chemistry classes, the highest bio i've taken is just general freshmen bio, so no cell bio, genetics, physiology, anatomy etc, and i have just started calculas. Obviously this score is insufficient and I am going to be taking chemistry and all the other prerequisite classes within the next year and a half, but am I on the right track as far as the scores go? As in once I have completed the required classes do you think my score will be sufficient?
 
Pretty good for not taking any of the courses! I took a practice PCAT every year I was in college to track my progress, and my bio, chem, and quant scores improved after I took the classes. Personally, none of my classes really helped much with my verbal or reading. For that, I would suggest lots of reading - books, scientific papers, etc. Find some PCAT flashcards to review words, and just practice. To be competitive at the tougher schools, they generally like to see all scores above 70%. But you've got a pretty long time, so don't stress or anything! Good luck!
 
Pretty good for not taking any of the courses! I took a practice PCAT every year I was in college to track my progress, and my bio, chem, and quant scores improved after I took the classes. Personally, none of my classes really helped much with my verbal or reading. For that, I would suggest lots of reading - books, scientific papers, etc. Find some PCAT flashcards to review words, and just practice. To be competitive at the tougher schools, they generally like to see all scores above 70%. But you've got a pretty long time, so don't stress or anything! Good luck!
That helps a lot, thanks for your help!