Practice Reading Radiographs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thnythe

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good websites/resources to practice reading radiographs?

I'd like to test myself and see more examples, and we are only given a few cases in class.

Any educational resources would be great too; currently I have Thrall's Vet Diagnostic Radiology but the info can be pretty densely packed sometimes.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You can go through a bunch of cases from the U of MN's radiology course online at http://www.cvm.umn.edu/vetrad/student/home.html . Click on a course name, then scroll down past the lectures to the labs. Most of the cases give you clinical history, signalment, etc, plus the images and the answers to what you're supposed to be able to see in the radiographs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Reviewing the VIN Diagnostic Imaging (or whatever its called) board works too.

I don't know what school you're at or how your radiology system works but we have something called PACS. We can log in, see any radiographs, CT, MRI, US etc. (look them up by day, type, patient), see the request form (usually a brief descritption of why it was orderd by the clinician) and once the radiologist has read the rads, US, CT, MRI etc. their report goes up there as well.

It has been a WONDERFUL tool for me to work on my radiology skills ...I practice interpretting the rads and then see what the radiologist had to say. But I tend to be a huge nerd ... lol

Maybe get a part-time job with the TSA. I think they're hiring.