Mar 19, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
Anyone have advice on starting an new practice? Do's and Don'ts. Would like to hear if using a consultant is a waste of money or worth the cost?

FutureCTDoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Sunny South Florida
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have advice on starting an new practice? Do's and Don'ts. Would like to hear if using a consultant is a waste of money or worth the cost?
I wouldn't bother with one my father went without one when he started up. Are you credentialed etc? PM me for more info.

orbitsurgMD

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
You are posting this question multiply within this forum, bad forum etiquette.

chris majdi

Medical, Optometry Practice Sales and Valuations
10+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
TransitionConsultants.com
Status
Other Health Professions Student
First decide whether you are truly cut out for practice ownership. Running a small business as an added responsibility to being a full-time clinician is not suited to everyone. Then seek all the prevailing advice about how to start-up a practice (there is a ton of it out there in forums and elsewhere), and whether buying a practice or starting up is a better choice. There are certain nuances to ophthalmology practice but much of the start-up advice pertaining to other medical specialties and allied health fields will also be helpful.

As far as consultants go, it's like anything else, there are good and bad ones.