1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Practice Test Results

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by DentalDeac, Jun 17, 2008.

1. DentalDeac

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Compare to my Kaplan Diagnostic from a few weeks ago

Diagnositc
    Bio 14
    GChem 15
    OChem 15
    PAT 12 (first time ever seeing this)
    RC 20
    QR 18

The one I just took
    Bio 16
    Gchem 14
    OChem 14
    PAT 19 (much better)
    RC 19
    QR 16

My analysis - I have really been slacking about my studying lately. I've been going to class, but I haven't kept up with the reading well or done too many review problems, so its not much of a surprise that my science scores didn't go up at all. I'm happy to be improving on the PAT, my QR slipped a little, I ran out of time so I need to work on those problems and not getting bogged down by a particular problem.

This practice test serves as my personal notice to cut myself off for the next month from pretty much anything fun/social and to knuckle down and study. Its gonna be tough but hopefully I won't get distracted.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Simiam

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I had the same problem...

I took my Diagnostic and got

Bio 17
    GChem 14
    OChem 18
    PAT 24
    RC 22
    QR 23

Just from my scores you can tell what I have been studying and what I have not.

I started buckeling down and studying about a week ago. I have finished the blue book and I am starting to study the online material. I think if you go 10hours/day for 2-3weeks you can get most of the material down to the point where you get your sciences to at least 19-20. If you want them more like 21-24 though you have to put in a lot of time. Good luck! When do you take the DAT?

4. DentalDeac

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I'm taking the DAT on July 22nd. Currently I'm working Wed-Friday, so that leaves Sat-Tuesday as pure studying days, and nights on the days that I'm working. I'm going to take off the week before the DAT so I can really knuckle down. I'm also going to bring the Kaplan flashcards to work and go through them during my lunch break.

Its hard telling my friends that I really won't be able to hang out at all for the next month, but I know it has to be done. I have already wasted enough time as it is.

5. Simiam

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I've found the cards pretty helpful... Have them by you when you go through the online material and the blue book. Anything that is not on the cards that I thought was important I made seperate flash cards for.. That has been really nice since I am constantly out doing something, I just take them with me.

6. klutzy1987

klutzy1987 StudyingSucks Letsgo Mets
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would suggest getting another study source other than kaplan. Kaplan is considered real easy. Scores are generally inflated and give you a false sense of confidence. I would suggest to get the destroyer and cliffs also to suplemment your sciences and bio.