Practice USMLE test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socrates89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If your taking the practice test at the test center do you get the score right after you complete the exam. I mean:

Does it calculate your score in front of you like the NBME's do and tell you your right and wrong etc?

Are you able to look through your right and wrongs or are you asked to leave the center after you finish and you have to review the test at home?

Members don't see this ad.

When I did my practice NBME at the prometric site I got the results right away with a raw percentage of each block. They printed it out for me and I left. I'm not sure if the practice one is the same as the free one on the usmle website because the free one comes with answers I think.

When you take these practice tests at your Prometric sites are you taking a CBSSA like the NBME has available for purchase on their website? Or is it something completely different?

The practice test is actually the free 150 that is available on the usmle website. Its not the NBME forms that are available for purchase.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it recommended that we take the free150 at prometric to get acquainted with the environment/software?? Is this also something we have to register for with prometric? How far in advance do people take the free150? beginning of dedicated prep or near the real deal?

Is it recommended that we take the free150 at prometric to get acquainted with the environment/software?? Is this also something we have to register for with prometric? How far in advance do people take the free150? beginning of dedicated prep or near the real deal?

I would definitely recommend to take a practice test at your prometric site. You should treat like it the real so you become acquainted with how long it will take you to get there, what the sign in process is like, how long it takes to sign in and out for breaks and the general testing environment. From what I remember the software wasn't the same as the real deal. You sign up for the practice test like you would for the real exam, at least that's how it was for me (I'm an IMG). I took my practice exam 2 weeks before the real exam and I have no regrets.